15 February, 2010

A not-so-happy ending...

So. I took Amanda's advice. I got out of Dodge. Changed my scenery. Went to the Boston Museum of Science with Fischer, to see the Harry Potter Exhibition( totally freaking awesome!!!!!!!). Although it was a long ride home, that was alright. Get home about 9 pm. Fine.Fischer goes to check on Luke( his hamster. Can you see where this is going?) Poor Luke, not so much with the living anymore. *sigh* He's never had a pet die on him before, I feel so bad. There's really nothing I can do for him, I am not used to that, as a mother. And, I felt really bad putting poor Lukey in the trash, but what else can I do with him in February? I would've buried him. But it's frozen out there. And yes, tomorrow after the dentist, we'll go to Petco and get a new hamster( since I just bought new food and bedding, it seems silly not to have a hamster to go with it). So maybe tomorrow, we'll have a happier Fischer. And I'll tell you about the HP Exhibit( for anyone who actually reads this). But for tonight, I feel like I'm not doing very well at getting away from the winter gloom. And I was trying so hard.

1 comment:

  1. In some small way, I remeber my hamsters dying as being a really good introduction to death. I know that sounds strange, but it did help in the long run for me.
    I know that it must be so hard for him, and you handled it very well.

    ReplyDelete