20 February, 2010

reason # 1306 to have a Dutch oven

This Dutch oven, in fact. This very one, Carribean Blue, Le Creuset, 5 1/2 quart. I was making the Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast, and as I was reading the directions, it told me to use my Dutch oven. ( By the way, if you do not have a copy of her cookbook, get one.Right now. She's amazing.)Not having one, I sighed, and proceeded to improvise. I do that so very well. And while it will undoubtedly come out fine( and if not, it will be my fault, not hers), I am sure it would have tasted better coming out of that wonderfully blue Dutch Oven. I am saving all my pennies for this( yes really! actual pennies!)and someday it will sit in my cupboard, at the ready for risotto, soup, bread, and oh yes, pot roast.

edited to add:: PW Pot Roast=YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment