25 February, 2010

A winter's day

The trees, from underneath, while snowshoeing..
the kids, trying to make a human snowman..
What a wonderful day we had yesterday. The boys proved they were not too old to go outside and play, and I got to spend two hours being reacquainted with an old frind, my snowshoes. Such heavy snow as we had made for slow going, but I'd finished my homework, and was in no hurry. A good lunch when I got home, and more of the kids going back outside, made perfect conditions for a quiet hot shower and a little nap. Being home for dinner was a treat as well, usually I'm in class at 6:00. So dinner with the family, beeswax candles and all, and now they're back to school, so a quiet morning is now to be had. I'll take it, as quiet is a rare and precious commodity in these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment