16 February, 2010

is it Summer yet?

So, this is not what it looks like at my house right now. Nor does it depict anything that I have done recently, like going to Boston (to see Harry Potter). Still haven't managed to get those pics off my camera, eveen though there's not much to see, as we couldn't take pictures in the Exhibition itself( stupid copyright). But to be able to see the actual items from the movies, it was beyond amazing. As is my sister Sarah, who arranged the whole thing( and drove in Boston. I just couldn't have done it. We'd still be there.) The clothes, books, wands, props, classrooms, I loooved the wardrobe with the Boggart in it! The Quidditch. Oh, the Quidditch. I really couldn't pick just one thing to be my favorite.
Fischer is feeling a bit better now, for those who were wondering. After the dentist( clean bill of teeth for both! Yay!), we went to Petco, and he chose another little furry friend. He named him Jack. I keep calling him Jake. We have a yellow dog named Jake. It's confusing. But even this did not stop him from having a (teen -age) hissy fit about going to Karate tonite, because Tuesdays are boring. But when he has no winter sport, because basketball is boring, he dosen't get to ditch Karate as well. There would just be too much sitting around in the winter if he did, and unfortunatley, he's one of those kids who shouldn't sit around. All my logic was wasted on him. I hate to say I just told him he's going, and that 's it, but I did. I know that after, he'll be in a better mood( because that's one of the benefits of excercise), but putting up with it till then is JUST NO FUN. It feels like I'm "forcing him" to do this, but if he's left to his own devices, he will just sit there. How else do you manage the fine line between encouraging and making them do something? He does love Karate, and is good at it. Almost-thirteen can just be so fun sometimes.
Anyway, my picture is from last summer. It's snowing here, and I'm really feeling that I'm done with winter. That seems to be going round the blogosphere, so I thought I'd throw a little summer to anyone who stops by here.

1 comment:

  1. i sure do hear you. My girl is 12 and sometimes I feel like I am truly channeling a Victorian school marm, I am so bossy. But - as you said - if I don't ... They'll thank us one day. It may take a while :-) but they will. I hope.

    ReplyDelete