22 March, 2010

The Vintage Swap....

a new corner of my studio...
some lovely goodies from Leanne,

Pretty ribbon, and a sweet thrifting find...


this little crocheted doily is great...



another great thrifting find, linen and bird love( and British!)
Well, here we are. This seemed to take me forever to get posted, but Leanne's box was so full of wonderfulness( is that a word?). Lots of fabric, ribbons, buttons(squee!), and little hairpins, just right for Spring. Thank you so much, Leanne, I can't wait to use some of it, and Heather for setting it all up. Blogging has really changed my life, "meeting" all these wonderful women would never have happened without it. And since Leanne's box arrived the same day as a box full of "beach stuff" from my mom in Florida, it prompted a cleaning of the studio, and removal of some things that no longer worked for the space( can you say old metal-frame futon couch? to the dump with thee!). It freed up a good deal of valuble real estate, which naturally led to a little more throwing away, and some redecorating, so now that old wrought-iron lamp I got at the age of 13 has a great new home, to light up the perfect spot for studying. In a couple months, it will be lighting up some knitting, or embroidery, but that will wait.
The bread that needed to be baked on this cold, dreary Spring day is almost done, I can smell it.I love being able to have something good for the boys after school, it's a good thing I made four loaves, I bet we'll be down to two by bedtime!



No comments:

Post a Comment