11 January, 2010

Getting things done( or why I love clotheslines)




This is a nonsense post, having nothing to do with anything that's going on in my life, or my head right now. ( and believe me, here is plenty). No, right now its about 10 degrees outside, and does not feel much warmer inside. I hate it when you get cold, and just cannot warm back up. Anyway. This is a picture of the clothesline at my sister's house, last August. We grew up with a clothesline in the summer( our Mom was not so hard-core about it that she used it in the winter!), and we spent alot of time making forts and houses under the sheets hung out to dry. Now, let me just tell you, at this current time, I do not have a clothesline. I used to, until the box elder it was hung on fell over. It never did get put back up, for one reason, or another, and I have had to resort to borowing my 85 year-old neighbors on occasion, because there is nothing like the smell of sheets dried on the line. But No More, I tell you! Last Fall, at the annual rummage sale in town, I bought this aluminum beauty, ( for .25 !). My gramma used to have one off her back deck, anmy sister and I , and all our cousins would have a ball playing under it. So. Now I am dreaming of just the right place for it to go in my yard, and of course, just the right weather for it as well, because now, not so much. But, before I know it, it will be Spring. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.....
Anyone else dreaming of Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment