14 November, 2009

Permission


Today I am giving myself permission to just be. To bake a cake instead of reading another chapter. To work on the afghan I am making for my grandmother instead of writing the essay due on Tuesday.To ( gasp!) Take .A .Nap. I have been so involved in school stuff, work stuff, home stuff, sports stuff, kid stuff. I seriously think I'm losing it, just a little. The boys say I'm never happy anymore. I do believe they're right. Oh no. That is not how I meant for this to be. I thought I could handle "everything" without getting bitchy, or even just too bogged down to enjoy right now. But it's raining( pouring, actually). And the kids are off at practice( basketball this time). So the house is quiet, and the laundry's mostly done. I am going to bake that cake, and later, with my friends, and family, I will eat it too.




How about you? Have you given yourself permission to let things go, a little bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment