15 August, 2009

they're all gone..





So the house is all mine this afternoon. The boys are at my Dad's, and Craig had to work in town today. So what does one do with all this (most appreciated) peace and quiet? Whatever one wants. For me, it is more a list of things I am not doing, including driving anywhere, as I have been to town at least two( and sometimes three) times a day, for the last three weeks. I am however, getting my laundry caught up( and being exceedingly jealous of my sister's clothesline!), eating lunch in peace, and enjoying the TV being OFF. I also managed to clean out the fridge( how does it get so gross?), organize my desk, and make a tie-dye T-shirt, from a kit I got at a yard sale. The boys got the same ones for Xmas last year, and I was so glad to find one for me!
I had written a grouchy post the other day, mostly grumbling about the other members of my household. Not all of it, as I must mention that last weekend I was at Sarah's, and we had a wonderful time, going to lunch ( potato and cheddar soup! roast beef in a spinach wrap! I love that we love the same things, and so can share lunch), and finding great bargins( and presents!) at the second-hand shop next to the cafe. So I decided that the bad-mood post had to go. And it went. I don't need to remember those days, y'know. But today is a good day, with a walk with Gretchen to look forward to later( hopefully the mosqutioes will disappear!), and maybe popcorn after.
The pictures are just random bits of niceness from my summer, at the lake, or Sarah's( one of my favorite places to be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment